Karma is a widely misunderstand concept. It goes far beyond something good or bad happening in our lives. We have compiled a list of what karma truly is, how it works, and how you can benefit from it.
- Karma isn’t a give-take scenario
Too often people misattribute an unfortunate even to bad karma, or performing a benevolent deed as producing good karma. Our actions do impact quality of life, but not our fate. Fate, is far more subtle, complex, and impactful. All living beings and the five elements (water, air, fire, water, and spirit), essentially have their own karma and these forces unit to create life to thrive as we know it.
- There are three types of personal karma
- Current karma (CK): This typically is what people think about when they think about karma. Anytime you set forth an action, you are created an act of karma that will produce a corresponding consequence. Things happen full circle, and you have control of your choices. Consider CK like a farm that you can plant the seeds of your goals. The farm is neutral and will nourish whatever you plant, only you get to decide if you plant seeds of positivity or negativity.
- Accumulated karma (AK): This type is again a seed, but has yet to blossom, thus you haven’t experienced this karma yet. Not all AK germinates in this lifetime. Go back to your karma farm. There is a myriad of seed types, some are harvested after 10 years, while other must wait 100. We don’t have control over the seed types, they simply grow and manifest at their own pace.
- Destiny: As AK comes to fruition, it transforms into your destiny. You live your destiny.
These three types comprise your person, nature, and overall being. Karma is more than your intentions spanning into your thoughts, feelings, experiences, and heart intelligence.
- You pick your karma
You have power over selecting your destiny. Upon birth, your soul assumes human form, which it picked each lifetime and their karma. Your spirit steers this life’s journey, based upon lessons from previous lives. Your soul knows everything including what is can and cannot handle, including the type of life and lessons you wish to experience in order to grow spiritually.
- It’s not easy, but you can change your karma
You can’t simply replace the bad karma you inherited with good karma. No amount of benevolent actions will purge negative karma from your destiny. Instead, you must focus on reduce the intensity of negative karma by altering your intention into something clearer and more focused on easily this burden. Thus, as your negative karma arises, it will happen in a less powerful way. Focus on planting positive karma seeds whenever possible. Consider actions you can take to heal the world, improve someone else’s life, or be a positive guiding light. Through these compassionate actions, you have a change to improve your destiny.